Sunday, October 19, 2008

Why be a Doctor?

So I have been meaning to start blogging about my adventure in medical school for quite some time now.  Since before I started school in July.  But the way med school goes I am always busy and never make the time to sit down and start.  Well lucky for currenlty non-existant readers I have started!  

Everyone's journey to med school is a little different so I thought I would share a bit of mine.  I never thought I would become a doctor, in fact it was one of the last things on my mind growing up.  I am not sure that I can map out the logic that changed my mind, but I do know that this is where I am supposed to be.  I feel that this is what my Heavenly Father wants me to do and be and He has helped me tremendously in the process.  That's where the title of my blog comes from, I feel that I have been directed by the Lord to Learn the Healers Art.  

4 comments:

Brewer Family said...

Wow I really like that idea! I am excited to see how your journey through medical school turns out. Good luck!

Photography By Jo said...

I just found your blog and I too am excited to hear about your journey. I'm friends with the last commenter and she was telling me about how she found your blog. I hope you keep it updated because I'm looking forward to it. I love that God has had an impact on where you are going in life. It will be neat to hear your stories.

Omega said...

The Lord has chosen a great hand, to place in his, and teach the Healers Art. May he always guide yours.

Midlife Midwife said...

That comes from one of my favorite hymns as well. "I would be my brother's keeper, I would learn the healers art. To the wounded and the weary I would show a gentle heart. I would be my brother's keeper. Lord, I would follow thee." I think many of us in the medical field see our choice of occupations as a calling to the healers art. I am looking forward to hearing about your journey!